Jump Rope for Heart.


Jump Rope for Heart. Who remembers?


When I was in 3rd grade, a jump rope competition was announced with a packet of “how to’s” in collecting donations and earning prizes for every hour you jumped rope. The funds raised were given to the American Heart Association and kiddos across the country set off skipping rope and calling their grandma’s and grandpa’s for donations.

Not me. A few donations and a t-shirt weren’t even in my realm of understanding. I
wanted to WIN. I asked my teacher how much I needed to raise to get both grand prizes: a mountain bike and a Nintendo (because that’s the only way a Nintendo was making its way into our household I had been told). From there, I remember making my list and then sitting at the kitchen table for hours making phone calls to all of my parents friends, teachers, and family to get to that winning number. The thought of not reaching grand prize never crossed my mind.

Fast forward to Jump Day.

I jumped. I collected my prizes (including both grand prizes) and eagerly looked forward to the next competition.

What does this have to do with real estate? For years I have struggled with the title “sales person” as most of us have experienced unfortunate experiences with a Slick Willy or Sly Sally. My family’s background is education and farming. My bachelor’s degree is elementary education, specifically special education...so how could I head straight from KU with an education degree into real estate sales?

Pretty simple really: I love to jump. I jumped into real estate hoping to supplement a teaching
income. Quickly I recognized that feeling of winning and reward through helping others in need. I love to win. I love to jump more often and higher than the rest of the “sales people” out there
because it helps my clients win.

Let’s jump into this Spring market together. There is less competition than ever, which is great for sellers. The competition for great homes as a buyer is fierce, therefore you need a Jump Rope for Heart champ on your side.

Jump with me!


Comments

Popular Posts