Put a Little Gravel In Your Travel....

This past week I was fortunate enough to endure a 16.5 mile bike ride with my "little" brother. Funny how even though I'm certainly not in my best shape ever - when the competition of a sibling comes into play - there is no hill too large in all of Lenexa for this lady.

He stayed with us for a week, in from San Diego, and quickly fell right into step with the daily grind of Irvine-land: 6:00 a.m. Ruby Kate winces for her morning bottle, dodging food blobs left behind on the kitchen floor, and endless requests for playing farm or golf from Elijah. 

We all have a case of "MISSING YOU" blues having said good-bye to him yesterday. But mostly grateful for the time we did have with him. Now there are more stories to remember Uncle Grant by and to re-play through conversation until our next visit. 


Until then....when I'm biking through the trails of Lenexa, I will think of that uber long bike ride and my groin will thank heavens Grant is back on the west coast. OR my competitive edge will sneak in thoughts of "if you could go 16.5 last week...why not 17.5 this week?"

Comments

Popular Posts